Our wine list offers an eclectic choice from all over the world, both complimenting the dishes within our menu and also to simply be enjoyed on their own.
Light, Fresh Reds
- LADERA VERDE MERLOT, VALLE CENTRAL – CHILE £16.95 BY THE GLASS: 125ml £3.65 175ml £4.65 250ml £5.95
This has lovely plummy Merlot fruit with a ripeness that is so typical of Chile. Easy and very drinkable. this is a pleasing wine for current drinking.
- RIOJA VEGA TEMPRANILLO, RIOJA – SPAIN £17.95
Soft and fruity with flavours of plums and blackcurrants. Vibrant and juicy, a young (joven) wine, made without oak, drink early to appreciate its lively fruit. From a forward looking winery that has invested a lot of money in recent years.
- MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO DOC VOLUNTÈ – ITALY £20.95
Good cherry fruit, juicy and substantial. Easy drinking and attractive.
- CHÂTEAU CHASSANTOUR BEAUJOLAIS-VILLAGES LANTIGNIÉ – FRANCE £24.95
A chocolaty intensity of fruit marks this wine out from the Beaujolais crowd. It comes from the relatively unknown village of Lantignié, but from a family that has made wine here for a staggering
Smooth, Fruity Reds
- MARTINFORT MALBEC, SÉLECTION BELLES VIGNES, IGP D’OC (C) – FRANCE £16.95 BY THE GLASS: 125ml £3.65 175ml £4.65 250ml £5.95
Packed full of ripe black cherry and blackberry fruit flavours with a wonderful juicy character, plenty of body but smooth and a hint of spice.
- AMANTI DEL VINO PRIMITIVO, SALENTO IGT – ITALY £17.95
A rich velvety wine from Puglia, the heel of Italy’s boot. Full of sun drenched damson fruit, it is soft easy drinking with great character.
- TANNERS DOURO – PORTUGAL £20.50
Lovely juicy black fruit character with herbs and peppery hints on the palate. Plenty of depth, complete and easy. A fine example of what the Douro can do.
- VIÑA SALCEDA RIOJA RESERVA – SPAIN £30.95
An intense and complex wine full of ripe blackberry and blueberry fruit with hints of cassis, the initial fruit is followed by a subtle flavour of spices, cinnamon, vanilla and cloves. The finish is long and aromatic.
Full, Rich Reds
- LYREBIRD SHIRAZ, SOUTH EASTERN – AUSTRALIA £16.95 BY THE GLASS: 125ml £3.45 175ml £4.45 250ml £5.75
Classic Aussie Shiraz full of ripe plummy fruit flavours with a delicious hint of freshly ground black pepper. Rich and spicy with great character and a smooth finish.
- FREEDOM CROSS PINOTAGE, WESTERN CAPE – SOUTH AFRICA £18.50
The product of a crossing of Pinot Noir and Cinsault, Pinotage is South Africa’s unique grape. This example is softly styled with intense blackberry fruit and mocha coffee notes.
- SMART DOG SYRAH, ALENTEJO, J P RAMOS – PORTUGAL £22.95
João Portugal Ramos is at the forefront of the modern Portuguese revolution. We can see why, with this fragrant creation of lavender, chocolate and spice box, with a fruit- filled palate and ripe tannins.
- CROZES-HERMITAGE CLASSIQUE, CAVE DE CLAIRMONT – FRANCE £34.95
With a lovely deep purple colour, this appealing wine has obvious blackberry fruit with good depth and rounded tannins. Spicy on the finish.
Crisp, Fruity Whites
- PATO TORRENTE SAUVIGNON BLANC, VALLE CENTRAL – CHILE £16.95 BY THE GLASS: 125ml £3.65 175ml £4.65 250ml £5.95
Well balanced Sauvignon with clean, fresh fruit and attractive tropical fruit aromas and flavours. Refreshing wine for every occasion.
- PICPOUL DE PINET, DOM. DES LAURIERS, LANGUEDOC – FRANCE £20.95
Picpoul de Pinet is a very localised white grape growing just inland of the Mediteranean shore south of Montpellier. Marc Cabrol makes a typical fresh and mineral style that has all the lemony balance required to match fish and oysters.
- WAVERIDER SAUVIGNON BLANC, MARLBOROUGH – NEW ZEALAND £23.95
Fresh and crisp with a great combination of tropical fruits and grassy herbaceous characters plus a ripe citrusy freshness on the finish.
- SANCERRE, ANDRÉ DEZAT ET FILS – FRANCE £34.95
André Dezat and his sons produce one of the best Sancerres we have tasted; it is dry, fruity with a wonderfully delicate bouquet and great length. Their vineyards have three different types of soil which give added complexity.
Aromatic, Juicy Whites
- PAPARUDA PINOT GRIGIO, ESTATE SELECTION – ROMANIA £16.95 BY THE GLASS: 125ml £3.45 175ml £4.45 250ml £5.75
A great value Pinot Grigio packed full of ripe honeyed fruit, with just the right amount of freshness to keep you coming back for more!
- WIDE RIVER VIOGNIER, ROBERTSON – SOUTH AFRICA £17.95
South Africa is producing some great examples of Viognier, and this is no exception. An intense nose of apricots and citrus is followed by orange peel flavours against a rich, silky background.
- PRECISO GRILLO, TERRE SICILIANE – SICILY £19.95
Good smoky nose with attractive juicy, easy going fruit and some weight.
- GOLDSCHILD RIESLING TROCKEN, MOSELLAND, SAAR – GERMANY £22.95
Elegant and light with refreshingly racy lime acidity with juicy peach and apple fruit and a mineral finish.
Full, Ripe Whites
- JEAN BALMONT CHARDONNAY, VIN DE FRANCE – FRANCE £16.95 BY THE GLASS: 125ml £3.65 175ml £4.65 250ml £5.95
A dry, unoaked Chardonnay with hints of tropical fruits a lovely balance and a juicy finish.
- RIOJA VEGA BLANCO – SPAIN £18.95
A light fragrant Rioja made from the Viura grape variety. Youthful fruity citrus flavours with a fresh clean with hints of herbs on the finish, this is un-oaked and juicy.
- HOUSE OF CERTAIN VIEWS CHARDONNAY, HUNTER VALLEY – AUSTRALIA £22.95
Made by Andrew and Lisa Margan from grapes sourced from contacts around the Hunter Valley. Well balanced and filled with fresh fruit flavours. The inspiration for the name came when Andrew used to work in Bordeaux and passed Vieux Château Certan every day.
- ALTO LOS ROMEROS ROUSSANNE/MARSANNE GRAN RESERVA, COLCHAGUA – CHILE £24.95
This has classic aromas of mandarin orange, orange peel, honey and hazelnuts.
- PLENO ROSADO, NAVARRA – SPAIN £16.95 BY THE GLASS: 125ml £3.65 175ml £4.65 250ml £5.95
Easy going rosé with attractive strawberry fruit, juicy and fresh, from a modern bodega in the Navarra region of Spain.
- CALIFORNIA CREEK ZINFANDEL ROSÉ – USA £16.95 BY THE GLASS: 125ml £3.65 175ml £4.65 250ml £5.95
Light-bodied and medium-sweet, with aromatic sweet berry fruit, fleshy peach and juicy watermelon flavours.
- AMORI PINOT GRIGIO BLUSH, VENEZIE IGT – ITALY £17.95 BY THE GLASS: 125ml £3.85 175ml £4.95 250ml £6.25
Gentle fragrant summer fruits on the nose and delicate strawberry fruit on the palate. Fruitily off-dry.
Champagne and Sparkling Wines
- TANNERS BRUT EXTRA RESERVE CHAMPAGNE – FRANCE £39.95
With fruit, style and elegance, this champagne is produced for Tanners by a highly reputed champagne house, a group of small growers, each carefully tending small vineyards above Epernay in the heart of the Champagne region.
- VEUVE CLICQUOT BRUT YELLOW LABEL – FRANCE £65.00
Yellow label is a richly fruited, first class Champagne with complex vanilla and brioche notes on both nose and palate.
- GOUGUENHEIM MALBEC BUBBLES, SPARKLING ROSÉ EXTRA BRUT, MENDOZA – ARGENTINA £23.95
Full of delicate red fruit aromas and flavours of strawberries and and bright cherries.
- PROSECCO SPUMANTE, AMORI– ITALY £22.95
Aromas of pears, apples and peaches followed by more of the same on the palate.
- PROSECCO – ITALY 20CL £7.25
A gently sparkling wine with lovely peachy fruit, the palate is deliciously juicy with super balance.
Dessert Wines and Ports
- MUSCAT DE ST-JEAN DE MINERVOIS – FRANCE 125ML £5.70
From the tiny Southern French village of Saint Jean de Minervois, an unmistakable Muscat. Think of the ripest bunch of raisined grapes squeezed into your glass; deliciously sweet, but not cloying with a kick of lemony freshness.
- TANNERS LATE BOTTLED VINTAGE PORT – PORTUGAL 50ML £4.00
Impressive ripe fruits with blackberry and cherry notes tinged with violets. Classically rich, full-bodied and long in flavour.
- NOVAL 10 YEAR OLD TAWNY PORT – PORTUGAL 50ML £5.00
Ten years in cask rounds the youngest of Noval’s tawnies into a mellow and complex wine with aromas of walnuts and dried fruits.
- TAYLOR’S QUINTA DE VARGELLAS PORT, VINTAGE 2002 – PORTUGAL 50ML £6.00
Vargellas usually forms the backbone of Taylor’s vintage Ports and produces excellent wine in years that are not declared as a full vintage. Sweet black fruits, prunes and coffee with spice and molasses. Well-textured, excellent.